This component offers legal and intellectual property filing support including patents, trademarks, copyrights, designs, geographical indications (GI) etc. The programme also provides IP advisory, consultation, Patentability Searches, Technology Gap Analyses and IP commercialisation through establishment of Intellectual Property Facilitation Centres (IPFCs) across the country.
The objective of the scheme is to improve the IP culture in India with the following interventions:
• To enhance the awareness of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) amongst the MSMEs and to encourage creative intellectual endeavour in Indian economy;
• To take suitable measures for the protection of ideas, technological innovation and knowledge-driven business strategies developed by the MSMEs for their commercialization and effective utilization of IPR tools.
• Establishment of Intellectual Property Facilitation Centres (IPFCs).
• Reimbursement for registration of Patent, Trademark, Geographical Indications (G.I.), Design through IPFCs.
• A Grant of up to Rs. 1 crore would be provided to an IPFC in milestone-based (three or more) instalments
• Reimbursement for registration of Patent, Trademark, Geographical Indications (G.I.), Design: The maximum financial assistance to the eligible applicants under the IPR component is as follows:
|S. No.||Item||Maximum Financial Assistance|
|1.||Foreign Patent||Rs. 5.00 lakh|
|2.||Domestic Patent||Rs. 1.00 lakh|
|3.||GI Registration||Rs. 2.00 lakh|
|4.||Design Registration||Rs. 0.15 lakh|
|5.||Trademark||Rs. 0.10 lakh|
For MSMEs with UAM/Udyam Registration.